Circassia / NIOX
Circassia is a specialty biopharmaceutical company focused on respiratory disease and allergy. Their growing commercial organization promotes NIOX®, an innovative diagnostic and monitoring tool to aid in asthma management, directly to healthcare providers. They also have a broad pipeline of asthma and COPD treatments in development.
NIOX® is the first and only fractional exhaled nitric oxide (FeNO) testing device cleared by the FDA and commercially available at the point of care to provide objective measures of nitric oxide (NO), a biomarker of airway inflammation in asthma patients. Just the way you use spirometry to monitor lung function, NIOX® can be used routinely to objectively measure and monitor airway inflammation.
Advantages of NIOX VERO®
- Battery-operated and portable so patients can be tested at the point of care
- Non-invasive, simple and safe
- A 10-second breath delivers a FeNO result in approximately 1 minute
- Objective and reproducible results
- Long device life
- Help identify patients who may have Th2-mediated airway inflammation and will likely benefit from ICS treatment 1,4
- Assist in optimizing ICS dosing2,3,5-8
- Assist in monitoring patient adherence to ICS9,10
If you are interested in learning more about NIOX VERO®, including scheduling an in-service and/or getting the details of the contracted pricing available to MPPG members, please contact Greg Ferrell at (714) 334-4014 or email@example.com. When placing an order, please do so at firstname.lastname@example.org and be sure to reference “MPPG” in the body of the email.
If you are a new customer and/or would like to purchase a NIOX VERO® device, attached are two “Starter Kit” order forms you can use to make the purchase by either faxing or scanning and emailing directly to Circassia. The only difference between the two forms is the length of expiration on the device and subsequent fair market price differentiation.
If you are an existing customer of NIOX VERO® and wish to obtain a test kit reorder form that will reflect the negotiated MPPG price, please reference the email that was sent on 11/27/17 or contact MPPG or Circassia directly to ensure secure delivery of this confidential document.
If you are not an MPPG member, please click on the “Join Now” button at the top of the page.
- Dweik RA, Boggs PB, Erzurum SC, et al; on behalf of the American Thoracic Society Committee on Interpretation of Exhaled Nitric Oxide Levels (FENO) for Clinical Applications. An official ATS clinical practice guideline: interpretation of exhaled nitric oxide levels (FENO) for clinical applications. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2011;184(5):602-615.
- Smith AD, Cowan JO, Brassett KP, Herbison P, Taylor DR. Use of exhaled nitric oxide measurements to guide treatment in chronic asthma. N Engl J Med. 2005;352(21):2163-2173.
- Smith AD, Cowan JO, Brassett KP, et al. Exhaled nitric oxide: a predictor of steroid response. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2005;172(4):453-459.
- Syk J, Malinovschi A, Johansson G, et al. Anti-inflammatory treatment of atopic asthma guided by exhaled nitric oxide: a randomized, controlled trial. J Allergy Clin Immunol Pract. 2013;1(6):639-648.
- Szefler SJ, Mitchell H, Sorkness CA, et al. Management of asthma based on exhaled nitric oxide in addition to guideline-based treatment for inner-city adolescents and young adults: a randomised controlled trial. Lancet. 2008;372(9643):1065-1072.
- Petsky HL, Li AM, Au CT, Kynaston JA, Turner C, Chang AB. Management based on exhaled nitric oxide levels adjusted for atopy reduces asthma exacerbations in children: a dual centre randomized controlled trial. Pediatr Pulmonol. 2015;50(6):535-543.
- Beck-Ripp J, Griese M, Arenz S, Köring C, Pasqualoni B, Bufler P. Changes of exhaled nitric oxide during steroid treatment of childhood asthma. Eur Respir J. 2002;19(6):1015-1019.
- Delgado-Corcoran C, Kissoon N, Murphy SP, Duckworth LJ. Exhaled nitric oxide reflects asthma severity and asthma control. Pediatr Crit Care Med. 2004;5(1):48-52.